OTD - 24+ Years Young!
Orillia Trim & Door ( OTD ) opened the doors in 1993 born out of a necessity for quality trim and doors in the Orillia area. In June of 1995, Ken Forbes Jr. purchased OTD and still owns and operates the store today.
In the late 90's Ken expanded the store by 1800 square feet adding more windows, specialty hardware and a few tools. Then in January 2002 he expanded the tool line by adding the King Canada tool line. Feeling cramped again Ken once again added another 1800 square feet in the spring of 2004 allowing for a larger OTD showroom and warehouse.
Ken's staff brings great customer service and experience. Chris has been with OTD for 20 years, Terry (who also is our webmaster) has been around over 5 years, Brett over 3 years and Mark just a year or so, and Nick is the newbie. Jim and Aaron make up our professional installation team.
OTD caters to both commercial contractors and retail customers offering quality products and sound advice.
Customers come from all over the region out from Orillia including Huntsville, Lindsey, Collingwood, Barrie and everywhere in-between.
Delivery is available utilizing OTD's fleet of 4 trucks.
OTD consists of 7 primary product divisions:
- Windows, Awnings and Exterior Doors
- Deck Boards, Railings and Wood Siding
- Interior Doors, Trims and Mouldings
- Paints, Stains and Specialty Coatings
- Kitchen Cabinets and Bathroom Vanities
- Related Hardware Items and Accessories
- Woodworking Tools and Accessories
Orillia Trim & Door is associated with the TIM-BR MART Buying Group allowing OTD to offer qualtiy products at more competitive pricing.
Ken is personally involved in many local business organizations such as:
- Orillia and Lake Country Business Expo
- Orillia Business Association
- Orillia and District Chamber of Commerce
- Canadian Federation of Independent Businesses
- The Lumber and Building Materials Association of Ontario (Ken is Director)
- Supports high school Co-op program
Charitable and community activities supported are many and include the likes of:
- Soldiers' Memorial Hospital Foundation
- Lakehead University
- Orillia Lighthouse Soup Kitchen & Shelter
- Scouts Canada (Ken was formerly Board of Directors, Ontario Incorporated Body)
- Cancer Relay for Life (Ken was local organizer)
- Sponsor of local baseball teams in Orillia
- Multiple local charities and community event sponsorships
Ken is poised to continue serving OTD customers with respect and appreciation for years to come!
CWDMA - Canadian Window & Door Manufacturers Association
Better Business Bureau, Canada
Home Builder Magazine